In the current scenario account section of an organization is playing the significant role for its growth and procurement at an extensive level. On the other hand, it is said to be the language of business that communicates with the actual financial management and its related task. Therefore accounting software is being used widely among accountant professionals and CPAs. Planned and initiated by Intuit, QuickBooks 2018 is another presentation over the previous one. Thus, with the changing technology, the company always prefers to have more efficient and user-friendly application for the convenient of their employees and their fast growth as well.
An analysis report on QuickBooks 2018
A warm welcome to QuickBooks 2018, an updated version of QuickBooks is really a matter of immense pleasure. It is equipped with several surprising features that will certainly assist to its users to overcome all drawbacks of its predecessors. As it is known that QuickBooks is an accounting software package which eases the work of accountants and CPAs. As a result of constant research and analysis, once again Intuit comes with a more improved version of QB. This article has been written to let viewers know about literal advantages of QuickBooks 2018 as well as how it works.
Important attributes of QuickBooks 2018:
- It supports the multiple monitors at the same time: QuickBooks 2018 has been designed in such a way that it supports the multiple monitors at the same time that is up to three. Howbeit it might seem somewhat difficult for newbie to avail such facilities.
- Provides assistance in looking for a chart of accounts: This is really a disappointing thing for accountants when they felt helpless to themselves to look for a chart of accounts. But this updated version will be very helpful for such kind of work.
- It is supportive for cash or accrual toggle on reports: It is possessed with the capacity of providing assistance to switch the basis of your financial reports.
- Maintains the past due stamps: In case if someone follows the process of sending copies of past-due invoices to the targeted customers then it will transparently show that the sent copies are of past-due invoices.
- Contains new keyword shortcuts: QuickBooks 2018 contains the keyword shortcuts to help its users in copying and pasting lines in transactions.
- Carries the modifications in the inventory report: Concern related to inventory report enhancements has always been a troubling point. Keeping this issue in view, Intuit has added an option for alteration in the inventory reports for Quickbooks Customer Support.
- It has upgraded order fulfillment with mobile bar-coding scanning: Such feature of QuickBooks 2018 has enabled it to work with remote devices comprising the barcode scanner. Users won’t need to switch to a desktop or laptop computer running QuickBooks at the time of scanning targeted items which is very interesting.
- Allows Email security: It enables its users to keep their emails sent by Gmail, Hotmail, MSN and windows live accounts secured by using Enhanced security option available in QuickBooks 2018.
Facts about Merge vendors in QuickBooks 2018:
Merge vendors is such kind of feature that allows someone to execute the process of merging up to 4 vendors simultaneously. Some of the selected editions possess this feature which includes QuickBooks Accountants, QuickBooks pro/premier, and QuickBooks enterprises. Further study has revealed that this attribute has been in demand by a large number of accountant professionals for a long time. As on the previous version they were able to merge the vendors up to two only. Another convenient characteristic of this option is that it enables its users to make changes in following fields:
- Shipped From
- Billed From
- Main Phone
- Account No.
- Main Email
- Print name on check as
- Vendor type
- Vendor Tax ID
- Company Name
Merge vendor menu is available in Accountant/client data review menu which can be carried out by clicking either on merge or backup and merge option. While making an approach to execute the merging process, always prefer to tap on backup and merge button for the first vendor so that later you may have a good backup if the appeared result after that does not match your choice.
Know about some limitations of Merge vendor:
- Its functionality can be availed only in single-user mode.
- Merging of the vendor cannot be carried out if there is an accountant copy in use or if you are logged in an accountant’s copy.
- If there is involvement of multi-currency feature then merging process cannot be executed.
An overview on Enhanced order fulfillment in QuickBooks 2018:
Enhanced order fulfillment in QuickBooks 2018 is an outstanding factor that has been introduced by the Intuit team. It is capable of working with a remote barcode scanning device. You can find this feature in the QuickBooks enterprise V18 merely. Another facility comprises the availability of important updates to the sales order fulfillment Worksheet and integration with a portal barcode scanner. This new feature is worthwhile at a great level for you if you are using sales orders and send pick lists to the warehouse.
Supports remote device:
Another elegant step of Intuit with QuickBooks 2018 Enhanced order fulfillment is that it is very easy to set up and work with it. Now there is no need of using the remote device to work with order fulfillment procedure as it can be managed through the QuickBooks desktop completely. It is compatible with two types of devices that is android based and specific model of barcode scanning mobile computer.
Note: This app does not support iPhone and a generic android based device that is version 4.4 and later.
Tina Smith is an accountant with SageNext Infotech. She is having expertise in project management, accounting operations. With SageNext, she consults the client accountants about the benefits of Sage cloud. SageNext is a leading QuickBooks hosting provider, dealing in all kinds of tax and accounting application hosting